Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ticos y ticas


20 January 2009

“Tico” (f = “tica”) is the local word for a Costa Rican.

Today, I bussed in to the city center with Ingrid after lunch where we met Daniela (who is taking a Spanish language class this week from the Costa Rica Language Academy). We walked together for a few miles through the downtown area and then I walked the 5 miles home.

I’m not much one for taking pictures of people, not because they are uninteresting subjects, but because I’m not forward enough to ask permission. I can be sneaky with my little camera, but the range isn’t great.

Anyway, today presented a good opportunity to photograph ticos and ticas, and here are some results.



2 comments:

Alexis said...

I can't quite pinpoint it, but there does seem to be something more tentative about these photos than about your landscapes. They feel like you're less comfortable with the tools of your trade, and need more practice.

Bilbo from California said...

See what you think about the entries "Mas Ticas" and "Otro Ticos." I like how the top photo here turned out. The others, I would agree, are rather ordinary.