Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mas Ranas


22 March 2009

Today, we visited another mariposario here in Arenal. Of course I took some more nice photos of butterflies, but they are no better than ones I’ve posted before.

On the other hand, they had a nice, small display of frogs and these I had a chance to photograph in daylight. (No flashlight technique needed!)

The green and black frog was hiding in the base of a barrel and the light was quite dim, so I couldn’t achieve a perfectly sharp shot.
The bright green frog has blue coloring inside its leg and in the hidden part of its belly and orange feet! I didn’t have a chance to shoot it moving, but this shot is neat anyway.
The blue and red frog is the “blue-jeans” poison dart frog. It was very tiny and very poisonous. I (of course) didn’t have a chance to get too close.
The top photo is my favorite. He was in an open terrarium, too deep, I guess, to escape from.

In the afternoon, we went ziplining. Very touristic activity. Interesting and fun. Once.

No comments: