Saturday, July 27, 2019

Reminiscing

A long overdue post-retirement activity is cleaning out all of the old storage throughout our house (attic, basement, garage) and my office.  I made negligible progress during the first year, but with Ingrid's encouragement and my own growing sense of unease, I'm determined to do better starting now.  We're beginning with the garage.  I completely tossed (recycled) a full box of paper that was the final typescript of a textbook I co-wrote.  That effort started in earnest during sabbatical in Israel (1996-1997) and was finished a few years later (copyright date: 2001).  The book was a reasonable success, selling more than 10,000 copies.  It is still in print and still being used at Cal in the class for which it was written.  Buried in this box of papers was a cover art concept that I drew; it's displayed here along with the published version of the cover.


1 comment:

Alexis said...

I love your little drawing for it. Great idea to save that here.